This recipe has become a family favorite lately and because it is a basic pasta dish, it can be made with so many variations. I am sharing this mainly for those who are newer to cooking or are intimidated by making sauces. My hope is that seeing how the basics are done might set you free to try something you thought was hard and allow you to find that it really isn’t. I hope you enjoy this recipe and feel inspired to change it up and make it your own too. Please feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, share your ideas or give feedback in the comments section.
Shrimp Pasta With Creamy Garlic Vodka Sauce
*There are so many variations that can be done with this. I have done shrimp and chicken or just shrimp. I have made the sauce exactly like this- as a Vodka Garlic Cream Sauce, and I have added a bunch of extra basil leaves and some olive oil to make it more of a Vodka Creamy Pesto Sauce. Both are amazing and it’s all about mood so cook what you feel in the mood for.
- I lb Medium Shrimp (Tails Removed)
- 1 box Penne or Bowtie Pasta
- 1 Quart Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- Butter 6 tbsp
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Vodka 1/2 c
- Broccoli/Mushrooms and/or other veggies
- Before the sauce can be made the garlic has to be cooked. I do this by placing 5 or 6 peeled cloves into a piece of tin foil with about 1/4 tsp of olive oil. Fold it all up and put it in a toaster oven until the garlic is soft.
- While this is cooking you can get a large pot ready and begin to heat up the water to cook your pasta. You'll have to pay attention to this while you're multitasking, but when your water comes to a boil, cook your pasta. It should be perfectly cooked right about the time your sauce is finished.
- Get out another frying pan and 2 or 3 tbsp. of butter and begin to saute' the shrimp. I also add a few little splashes of vodka in with the shrimp as well and let that cook down. If your shrimp is fresh you will need to cook it thoroughly until the color changes to pink, and if it is precooked, this is only a warming process. I also toss in any veggies that will go in the pasta and just lightly stir them around in the butter with the shrimp. I try not to overcook them so once your shrimp is hot you can put a lid over it, turn the heat down to warm and set it aside.
- Once the garlic is soft put it in a blender with the whole quart of heavy whipping cream and a few basil leaves.
- Blend on med-high for 2 minutes.
- While the cream is blending, put about 4 tbsp. butter in a med to large saucepan and turn the temp to medium-high. This will vary a bit depending upon whether you are using an electric or a gas stove so just make sure you don't burn the butter. I usually add a little bit of Italian seasonings and some garlic salt to the butter and whisk it in as the butter is melting.
- When the butter starts to bubble, add the vodka and whisk it all together until the mixture gets hot again.
- Dump the cream into the saucepan of butter and whisk it together. Continue stirring until this just about comes to a boil but don't let it or else it will rise and you will have a giant mess. Ask me how I know 🙂
- Taste your sauce and see if it needs more seasoning or more salt.
- As it cools down it will thicken up a little but if it seems more on the watery side you can mix a little bit of flour and milk together in a small bowl. Make sure there are no lumps in your mixture and then add it into your sauce, turn the heat back up for a minute and whisk it really good until it is well blended and there are no lumps.
Hey there! I simply want to offer you a huge thumbs up for the
great information you’ve got right here on this post. I will
be returning to your blog for more soon.
My brother suggested I might like this web site.
He was totally right. This post actually made my day. You can not
imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!
Great post! We are linking to this particularly great article
on our website. Keep up the good writing.
I know this web page offers quality depending articles
and extra data, is there any other web page which offers these kinds of
things in quality?
I have learn some excellent stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.
I wonder how so much attempt you set to create the sort of magnificent informative web site.
Pretty component of content. I simply stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to say that I
acquire actually enjoyed account your weblog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing
in your augment and even I success you access consistently fast.
Incredible points. Sound arguments. Keep up the good work.
Quality content is the main to interest the users to
pay a visit the site, that’s what this web page is providing.
Hello my loved one! I want to say that this post is awesome, great written and include approximately all vital infos.
I would like to peer extra posts like this .
Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to create a great article… but what can I say… I
hesitate a whole lot and don’t manage to get anything done.
eSUN is the world’s leading 3D printer material brand, dedicated to the research and development, production and sales of 3D printing materials.We supply high quality 3d printer filament, 3d printer resin and accessories worldwide.
Fantastic website. Lots of helpful information here.
I’m sending it to a few buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious.
And certainly, thank you to your effort!
Airbnb Home Sales
I loved as much as you will receive carried out right
here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish.
nonetheless, you command get got an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following.
unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly the
same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.
I think the admin of this web page is in fact working hard
for his website, for the reason that here every data is quality based data.
If half of the men watch porn daily then what does the other half do?
Hey there! I just wanted to let you know
that I’ve got some digital assets available for
purchase on my Fiverr profile. You can head on over to my profile and check out
my portfolio to see if there’s anything that catches your
eye. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or if you’re interested in placing an order.
Thanks for stopping by! source link: fiverr.com/cpggarud2002
Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice while you
amend your website, how can i subscribe for a weblog website?
The account aided me a acceptable deal. I have been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided brilliant transparent concept