Chorizo Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
If you love mushrooms like I do this makes a great snack, but is hearty enough to be served as a meal too. It has a great blend of flavors and goes great with pasta so dress it up, or dress it down, but put this easy-to-prep meal on your planner!
- Jumbo Portobello Mushrooms
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Tomato Slices
- Italian Seasonings, Salt, Pepper
- Olive Oil, Butter
- Fry the chorizo in a frying pan. Because of the red seasoning of chorizo, it's difficult to see the meat color and tell when it's thoroughly cooked, but you will notice a change in the texture as the meat will change from the mushy, raw meat texture to a more granular texture.
- While the chorizo is cooking, gently saute' the mushrooms in a small amount of olive oil mixed with butter. Cook on both sides but only for about 2 minutes per side as you still want the mushroom to be firm enough to hold together.
- Stuff the mushroom with chorizo until you have a nice even layer.
- Layer some fresh mozzarella cheese on top of the chorizo and then put the whole stuffed mushroom in a toaster oven until the cheese melts.
- Layer some fresh basil leaves on top, and then the tomato slices.
- Season the tomatoes with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Enjoy your hot mess!