Sweet Grilled Chipotle Salmon
- salmon filet
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- chipotle powder
- brown sugar
- Rub olive oil on the front and back sides of the salmon.
- If your salmon has skin on one side, oil it anyway and place a piece of aluminum foil over a baking pan and lay the salmon skin side down on the foil.
- Sprinkle the filet generously with the garlic salt and the chipotle powder in a thin layer covering the whole surface evenly. Sprinkle a liberal amount of brown sugar evenly across the salmon. You may need to pat it down and fill in some places to get it nice and even.
- Place the salmon in a preheated grill and keep the temperature at about 300 degrees. Let it bake for about 10 minutes and then take a metal spatula and slide it underneath salmon. By this time, the skin should have baked onto the foil like an adhesive, allowing you to slide the spatula just underneath the skin.
- Flip the salmon over and place it onto the bare grill.
- Use the spatula to scrape off any of the brown fatty layer left from peeling the skin. Season the freshly exposed side in the same way while continuing the first side to grill a nice set of grill lines and melt the newly seasoned side into a melty glaze.
- Flip the salmon over once more allowing the other side to grill some lines and set in the glaze. When the salmon can be easily pulled apart by each section but remains moist inside it is time to take it off the grill.