Some days our busy schedule just makes it impossible to cook a full meal, but I don’t like to use that as an excuse to eat fast food even though my kids swear they could live on pizza. This is a quick and easy meal I like to do on days like that.
Toasted Basil & Mozzarella Ciabatta Sandwich
It’s a caprice salad on a toasted ciabatta bun. Super delicious alone or with a good soup. This is an quick and easy meal to put together on a busy schedule without violating your health conscious!
- Onion Ciabatta Bread
- Tomato Slices
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Fresh Mozzarella, Sliced
- Mayo, Mustard
- Lightly toast the ciabatta bread.
- Melt the fresh mozzarella on one side in a toaster oven or under the broiler.
- Build the sandwich with the fresh tomato, basil and add mayo and mustard to your liking.
- *If you're looking for a little heartier meal, sometimes I add in a leftover piece of grilled chicken breast that may be in the fridge. This could be done with precooked chicken from the frozen section, or of course, you could always just grill a piece of chicken for your sandwich.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes