Poached Eggs Over Cheesy Corn Tortillas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 c Shredded Cheese
- T tbsp. Salsa
- 1/4 Avocado, Sliced
- 1 tsp Chopped Cilantro
- Heat a shallow non-stick pan with 1.5" of 190 degree simmering water. Use a thermometer to make sure the temperature is right and stays consistently just hot enough that you can stand to put your fingers in.
- Add a tsp of white wine vinegar.
- Add 1 tsp of salt.
- Crack your eggs into small custard dishes for easy transferring.
- After a quick stir of the water, carefully place the egg dishes into the water and release the eggs to float in the water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let them poach for 5 minutes on the timer without removing the lid or checking on them.
- While the eggs are poaching fry two corn tortillas in some butter.
- Flip them over, add some shredded cheese and fold in half.
- Fry them to a light crisp until the cheese is melted and then set them aside on a plate.
- When the 5 minutes is up for your eggs, use a slotted spoon to remove each egg from the water. You can lay them on a paper towel and cut off any excess pieces if you are able to pick them back up without breaking the yokes. I am that klutzy person so if you're like me just place them on your food or plate and trim the excess from there.
- Top with salsa, fresh avocado, cilantro and any other delicious toppings you have on hand.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes